You have most probably heard about the capacities of ice and generally of cold cosmetic products on our skin. After all, we have all noticed the difference we feel in our skin during periods when it is quite cold. But why does this happen and how can you incorporate it into your beauty routine to get even better results on your skin?
How does ice therapy help on our skin?
Ice can be considered as a natural face lifting treatment since it helps to tighten the muscles and blood vessels of the face. The blood in the area circulates better, resulting in a renewed appearance. But let’s look more specifically at some of the benefits of ice in our face care.
- It helps fight acne and the various imperfections that our skin presents, which may be due to either hormonal changes, exposure to the sun, or other factors.
- Helps prevent and fight signs of aging such as wrinkles, fine lines, etc.
- It shrinks the pores and prevents the appearance of blackheads.
- Reduces swelling/puffiness, for example morning puffiness under the eyes, the so-called under eye “bags”.
- Soothes sunburns.
- It offers a natural skin lifting effect.
How to do it
What you will need for ice therapy at home are natural ice cubes and a thin cotton towel. It is very important not to place the ice cube directly on your face but to wrap it in a towel, as there is a significant chance of burning your face with direct contact.
It is also very important to remove all traces of makeup and clean your face well before you start the ice massage.
This is a treatment that takes no time at all. The light massage you will do on your face should last 5 to 10 minutes and for better results, you can include it in your routine two to three times a week. Of course if you wish, you can increase the frequency to more times during the week.
CP Tip: To further enhance the effectiveness of ice therapy, you can add a small amount of chamomile tea, which contains very important healing capacities such as:
- It works as a natural cleanser.
- It has healing capacities for pimples, redness and in general various skin problems.
- It fights acne.
- Helps reduce puffiness under the eyes.
Apart from the use of ice as such, there is something that you can easily do every day to achieve the “effect” of ice therapy without wasting any time. You can keep your cosmetic beauty products on the door of the refrigerator – such as eye creams, soothing products, etc. By placing them there you can directly offer your skin many of the benefits of ice therapy, simply by using the products that you already have in your routine.